Development of the new site continues at a rapid pace. Last week the developers demonstrated progress made toward completing the Locations & Hours and Rooms & Studios sections of the site.
Classes & Events Section
The next section we'd like to share with you is Classes & Events. This section contains functionality that should be somewhat familiar to users as it's very similar to the searching and filtering options found in the third-party calendaring system currently used for class and event registration.
Visitors to the website can find the link to Classes & Events in the main navigation area of the website.
- On the Classes & Events page, visitors are presented with a listing of today’s offerings. Each class/event contains the date, time, title, location, category, description, and registration information for the class/event. Users will also easily be able to tell if the event has been cancelled, requires a fee, and if registration is required by phone.
- Users can search for specific classes/events by entering keywords.
- Quick Searches are new and will be employed to direct users to our popular classes/events. Examples of this would be Cuisine Corner, Melrose Camps, Microsoft Classes, etc. These links will reside below the search box.
- Users will be able to access the personal registration schedule login through a "My Class Calendar" link.
- Users will be able to narrow the list of classes/events through these filters:
- Audience (new!)
- Day of the Week (new!)
- Time Period
All classes/events will be displayed from current to future dates.
Please keep in mind the wireframe sketch below contains little to no design elements such as color or images; it’s meant to show basic layout of the page and may also contain sample language. Click the image to view a larger version of the wireframe image.
When a users conducts a keyword search, the body of the page will repopulate with the result listings.
- The number of results is displayed above the search bar.
- The search bar will display the keyword the user entered.
- The user will be able to narrow the list of classes/events further using the filters.